Stephenville Theatre Festival – Chase the Ace
Game Description & Rules
* The event is every Thursday starting at 7pm until the Ace of Spades is drawn. Tickets are on sale until 9 pm, beginning August 6, 2015.
* The event will be held at the Stephenville Lions Club every week at 2 Woodland Street, Stephenville, NL.
* Patrons can purchase Chase the Ace ticket at the following rates: – 3 for $5.00 each, 7 for $10.00, or 15 for $20.00.
* There is an escalating weekly jackpot. The starting jackpot is $1500.00.
* Random ticket draw takes place at 9:15 pm at the event. The winner receives 20% of ticket sales from that night.
* The winner must be present to claim prize. If no one comes forward with the winning ticket after 15 minutes, that number is disqualified and another draw will be made. During the 15 minute wait period the winning number will be called 3 more times.
* The draw winner will get one chance to win the jackpot (including 30% of that night’s ticket sales). If the Ace of Spades is chosen from the deck of cards by the draw winner, they become the overall winner.
* If the Ace of Spades is not drawn, the 30% goes into the prize pot for the next week’s draw. The card drawn is destroyed and an STF organizer will fan the remaining cards to show that the Ace of Spades is in the deck.
* The remaining cards will be stored in a locked location.
* The lottery continues the next Thursday with the same deck of cards until the Ace of Spades is drawn.
* Once the Ace of Spades is drawn – the game is over.
* No limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for a draw.
* Players must be the minimum age of 19 years.
* Members of Stephenville Theatre Festival’s Board of Directors are not permitted to purchase Chase the Ace tickets.
* Volunteers who are assisting with the draw that evening are not permitted to purchase tickets for that draw.
* Depending on the value of the prize pot, the winner may be required to come to the Stephenville Theatre Festival office to claim winnings in the form of a cheque.